1/09/2011

Kyusu @ Kemanggisan

I'd just like to show a few pictures of a humble little Japanese restaurant that offered tasty and affordable Japanese food at Syahdan street, in Kemanggisan area, in West Jakarta near Binus campus. 

Their menu stood out from the rest of the joints of Kemanggisan. They served from sushi to teppanyaki, with all kinds of fruits juices. From the looks of it, and the way he wore a cook's uniform, I think the owner had some experience in a real Japanese restaurant. But he had ran out of business, probably because the cost of maintaining the place was way to expensive to bare compared to the profit received. It breaks my heart every time a restaurant I love has to be closed down especially because of lack of customers >.<. Still, I have to admit although for a Japanese food the price was considered very cheap, still it did not suit the market at Kemanggisan that is filled with college students who usually aiming for a below Rp. 15.000 complete meal.

I still remember the nice owner who had high hopes when we visited the restaurant which at the time was just opened. Please don't give up. I hope you find a more strategic place for your restaurant. 




California roll
Chicken Teppanyaki
Gindara Teppanyaki

No comments:

Post a Comment