8/20/2010

How to Eat Your Instant Noodle

No matter how unhealthy it is, instant noodle is just like a staple food in my country. Cheap, delish, easy to make; enough said. Usually we eat the curly delights with a conservative way. Boil the noodle, than put it in a bowl. I've been doing it, like, forever. Until I saw how Koreans in their drama shows eat their instant noodle or "ramyun", they like to call it. They boil the noodle in a personal pan, and eat it straight from the pan! Now, why have not I thought about it before?? A girl who doesn't live in her parents house, and only rent a room like me should be able to think that kind of practical way.

So, when I woke up late for sahur today, I only have 30 minutes left to prepare a dish (including the stretching in bed that could took more than 5 minutes), surely in that nick of time, the obvious thing to do, was to make instant noodle. So why didn't I try what the Koreans do, I thought. And yes I tried to eat straight from the pan, firstly I put the hot pan with boiling noodle inside, over a piece of news paper. And just eat it with my chopsticks. And it felt great! Since the noodle was still in the hot pan, it didn't go cold easily. And I was able to finish it, without a single thing left, in eight minutes (the noodle was taken straight from the electric stove, mind you)! I still got a few minutes left to drink milk and water ^_^. 

We indeed need to have an open mind in other cultures than our own ^_^.


The giants in the hectic world of Indonesian instant noodles




Here's the link of Indonesia's most popular instant noodle brand Indomie

No comments:

Post a Comment