8/27/2010

Dear Darling Lipt Tint by Etude House


This is my first Etude House product. I ordered it online from Onik-chan's shop when she opened a korean cosmetics "pre-order". Now, Etude House together with some famous Korean cosmetic brands are all the rage now in big cities of Indonesia. My first encounter with Korean cosmetics was two years ago when my sister in law asked me to buy her a brown sugar mask from Skin Food. She told me to buy it in a Skin Food official store in Jakarta, and I was dumbfounded when I found out how expensive it was, so at that time, I thought there's now way I would buy any Korean cosmetics, because the price range between other Korean cosmetics brand  was not so far with Skin Food's. 


But, later on, I found out how girls here still can afford Korean cosmetics, despite the steep official price tag. They ordered it online via seller who would purchase the cosmetics straight from Korea, of course with a way cheaper price! Even some of them went so far, as to go straight to Korea! Well, that made sense, because that way, they can cut so many cost; tax, location rent, shipping etc. Since then, I tried to ordered (online) Korean cosmetics my self  ^_^, and I'm one satisfied girl with their always cute packaged, fully packed natural ingredients and good quality products. 

Now, although there are many Korean cosmetics brand in the online shopping world in Indonesia, so far I still only stick to Skin Food (and I tried Baviphat once). So, I'm dying to try the next best Korean cosmetics (maybe), which is Etude House! From some time, I was reluctant to buy any product of Etude House because I think it's a bit pricey than Skin Food, and the packaging is just way too girly for my age (although I love pink and cute stuff). But what the hey, I'm curious, so I ordered this Dear Darling Lip Tint no. 1. And here's my positive and negative points according to my skin condition and lip tone.

Positive: 
- It has a distinctive aroma, just like a red syrup's.So much fun to use. The scent is so sweet, you'd wanna taste it.
-Since it is a lip tint not a lip stick, the color is sheer, but what makes it special is; this lip tint is able to make the impression as if the redness of the color come from inside our lips, not outside (I hope my description is understandable). Just like when you drank red Fanta, the red coloring will linger in your lips, just like a child's lips. Naturally reddish.
- The color stay on for hours

Negative:
- It's hard to apply it evenly, since the mixture is too watery. Especially after you have applied balm or lip gloss.
- Quite pricey

Conclusion: I probably won't buy this product any time sooner. I love the effect on my lips. But sometime I get frustrated when trying to apply it evenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment